As an independent, non-religious, non-political, not for profit, volunteer based organization, United Way NZ (UWNZ) works alongside individuals, businesses and community groups to provide funding assistance, volunteer time and skills to help local human welfare charities. It focuses on Helping the Helpers, and resources organizations that work in the priority areas of:
- Helping children and youth succeed
- Strengthening and assisting families
- Supporting the vulnerable and elderly
- Promoting wellness, independence and self sufficiency
The results are often life changing.
When donors give to UWNZ, they help create a better future for more people than you might imagine. Last year almost 170 charities in NZ received funding support from UWNZ, and approx 400,000 people benefited. United Way does what most other organizations can’t – i.e. coordinate the collective strength of individual donors, businesses, and charities to deliver long-term solutions for individuals and families. This empowers them to become more productive members of their community.
UWNZ’s unique transparent and hugely accountable method capitalizes on the power and simplicity of a national brand, and saves the many individual and corporate donors from the frustration of having to choose which charity to support. It insures quality return on investment for all donors.
Advantages of working with UWNZ
- A co-coordinated response to the numerous unsolicited
- Saves you time & money by helping you decide who best to support and how
- A simple mechanism for enhancing the business or company’s culture and public profile
- Numerous local charities are supported with a single donation
- Money raised in a particular region is granted to charities in that
- All funding applications are assessed by trained local volunteers
- A very high level of transparency and accountability
- At least 90% for every dollar given for the community gets to the coal face of the charity
- Donations to UWNZ are tax deductible
Together we can make a difference.
It has been proven many times that if you give you will get. In fact Winston Churchill said “you make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give”. UWNZ is committed to encouraging generosity, and has designed all its programs around making it easier for people to
On 1 April 2008, the cap that limited the amount of tax refund any individual or business could claim from donations to charity was scrapped by the NZ Government. Generosity has now become easier because the incentive to be generous has been increased.
Although United Way commenced 120 years ago in the USA it is now operating in 47 countries around the world managing approx US$5 billion annually.
If you would like to know more about how you or your company could benefit from working with UWNZ please phone 09 377 2544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. or email@example.com
Don’t leave it until it’s too late. Make contact today with New Zealand’s local charity. Committed to Helping the Helpers.